Schedule: In office 10 hours per week, rest of the time remote.
Description: Employee will focus on HR and payroll responsibilities and will also generate various reports for Accounting or clients that pertain to payroll records. This position reports directly to the CEO.
1. Setting Company HR standards for reporting, evaluations, employee experiences, etc. (including auditing the company’s current paperwork and upgrading where appropriate). 2. Drafting and implementing Company policy & procedures.
3. Hiring: Running ads, evaluating, attracting talent, running interviews, and new hire orientation.
4. Payroll: All payroll needs including onboarding, preparing payroll, PTO, audits, processing garnishments, and wage withholding order, etc using Paychex.
5. Employee Conflict Resolution: De-escalation of situations, coaching, and managing of employees.
6. Employee Relations: Benefits administration, overseeing various leaves of absence, initiating disciplinary actions, performance reviews, terminations.
1. Experience with processing payroll, wage and hour compliance, conflict resolution, performance evaluation, conducting investigations, EDD hearings, responses to claims, etc.
2. Excellent writing and communication skills.
3. Good multi-tasking skills and able to work well under pressure.
4. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision and also be a team player.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Suite programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook). 7. Experience with Paychex a plus.
8. HR associations (e.g. SHRM, PIHRA, etc.) and HR experience in a multi-location business are preferred.
Compensation: $28-$35 per hour plus benefits.